Alaska Miners Association
This full time, permanent position serves as the Projects Manager for the Alaska Miners Association and reports to the Executive Director.
• Provide staff support for AMA standing and ad-hoc committees.
• Manage organization’s social media, website, publications, and other communication tools.
• Implement and administer community outreach and educational initiatives.
• Coordinate and market member events.
• Manage special projects as directed
• Perform other duties as assigned to fulfill the mission of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated work experience in communications, public relations or customer service.
• Experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach preferred.
• Requires the ability to work in a collaborative team environment, with minimal supervision.
• Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, drafting and proofreading, telephone and in-person customer service.
Work Environment and Job Schedule
This position is based in Anchorage, Alaska and will typically work Monday through Friday in the Alaska Miners Association office. Work on evenings and weekends will be expected for events and meetings. This employee will also be required to travel from time to time for conferences and meetings, to visit branches around the state, as well as member operations.
Compensation and Benefits
The Alaska Miners Association offers competitive pay based on experience, medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, retirement contribution, and ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
AMA is a non-profit professional membership trade organization established in 1939 to represent the mining industry in Alaska. We are composed of more than 1,400 members that come from eight statewide branches: Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks, Haines, Juneau, Kenai, Ketchikan/Prince of Wales, and Nome. Our members include individual prospectors, geologists, engineers, suction dredge miners, small family mines, junior mining companies, and major mining companies, Alaska Native Corporations, and the contracting sector that supports Alaska’s mining industry. The mission of the Alaska Miners Association is to advocate for and promote responsible mineral development in Alaska.
Applications and Resumes
Applicants must possess current authorization to work in the United States. Applications consisting of a cover letter and resume should be forwarded to Deantha Crockett, AMA Executive Director via email Deantha@alaskaminers.org